Looking for a mid range priced RO system

BCW1

Great Lakes Med user
Back in the day I boght one off ebay for like $100 bucks 6 stage and did a great job. The name was Reef 6 but I do not see that name anywhere on ebay nor the net so it could have been someone building them and reselling them.

Anyone know where a good place other than ebay or have a system you can recommend? For no more than $150.00?

Anyone else heard of the one I speak of Reef 6?

Thanks for the help I appreciate you!

Back in the day I boght one off ebay for like $100 bucks 6 stage and did a great job. The name was Reef 6 but I do not see that name anywhere on ebay nor the net so it could have been someone building them and reselling them.

Anyone know where a good place other than ebay or have a system you can recommend? For no more than $150.00?

Anyone else heard of the one I speak of Reef 6?

Thanks for the help I appreciate you!

My neighbors bought a ~$150 ebay dealio last year. Works well, but only puts out about 2.5 gallons before its needs to recharge. Guess it has a small reserve tank. Other than that it works really well. They have models with larger capacity still under $200.

outwest

outwest

Yes, I had a Reef 6 system, got it years ago by a friend off ebay. I actually still us a part of it as a pre filter stage before the water hit's the new unit. Spent not much over 50 bucks for this Portable RO filter unit, kinda was designed for apartments if I read right, any how not sure how the cheapy will last..... probably will have to just break down soon and spend the money and get a more solid unit, or buy what I need to get one put together, kinda cheaper to just buy a new one that is ready to go.

Yeah mid price for me is 100-300. 700 is high priced for me for a RO system. I have seen them a lot higher but yeah 700 just not in my price range.

The Reef 6 lasted me around 4 tears and it had 6 stages. It was like $100 bucks flat not much more shipped to me and of course I had to assemble it all but was not a big deal. It had a self tapping gate valve the name of the valve slips me brain right now but I guess like a needle valve or compression gate style.

I forget the RO vs. waste but it brought my well water down from around 500-600 to 6-9 which I had not problem working with running DWC and Lucas.

I think I found one I am going to nab up. Not that I want to spend all the money over again buying a bunch of equipment since I own many light systems that I have loaned out and pumps and PH meters etc but people have had it so long it just is not worth the hassle. I am pretty sure I loaned out that RO system as well but who can keep track.

I don't really want many friends or family to know I am starting up again so just gonna let it be and again wish I didn't have to go drop the hard earned money but if there is anything I enjoy shopping for it is deff. grow equipment.

Thanks all. I was pretty sure realhigh that it was called Reef 6 but I do not see any reference to it at all on the net so again must have been some dude buying the components in bulk and selling the kits or they just don't make them anymore.

Have a awesome evening

Sounds like maybe you have settled upon a system already.I don't mean to complicate the issue,but Apec and Ispring RO systems have very good feedback,and most people are quite happy with either manufacturer.The iSpring RCC7 is a good basic system that has a loyal following,and runs right at $200.

Might take a peek at the Amazons and read the reviews.:)

well, if you want close to zero ppm, look into RO system for the aquarium folks. Hydroponics stuff means more expensive, generally speaking.

Thanks Slim I have not pulled the trigger yet so I will check it out and Kisanth that is very similar to the one I was looking at but minus the tank. I really don't need the tank but very similar and is a little less money yours is that is so thanks for posting that. $225 is the highest I want to go. I paid no more than $100 for the Reef 6 and it worked awesome.

Back