Long, Long Cure.

Smoke any today?...

Yes, today. Opened it up and it smelled great so I had high hopes. Vaped it first, about a half dozen draws. Nothing but slightly dizzy. Tasted blah.

Next, smoked through a glass one-hitter. Really smooth smoke with no real flavor. Only gave me cotton-mouth.

Question answered.

My wife's uncle smoked buds with me that had been in a mason jar for ten yrs and never opened up. Not sure if they were vacuum sealed or anything at all. He opened that jar up and the Pine scent rolled out and filled the room. Those were some of the tastiest and most pleasant to smoke buds I have ever seen and looked for that piney sinsemilla as he called it for many years with no success. Glad I admitted to him that I loved growing and smoking pot because I bet that jar woulda never been opened if I hadn't. This was back in like 1985 in KY.

longest I have ever sampled was some Jack the Ripper found in a jar after 10 months. The stuff about took my head off. The dude I smoked it with said he had to pull over on the drive home. He texted me, "Man, that Jack is one mean sonofabitch."

at what point does the potency actually degrade? cuz this stuff was ridiculous

Last edited:
Don't know if any of you remember Vi-red but many years ago he turned me on to the Pump-n-seal..for only 20 bucks it sucks all the air out of a mason jar..pop it in the freezer and your smoke should keep well for 2 years..

nothing beats the" Foodsaver" for freshness..I use mine almost everyday for meats, veggies, cheese and sauces..great for weed too..

longest I have ever sampled was some Jack the Ripper found in a jar after 10 months. The stuff about took my head off. The dude I smoked it with said he had to pull over on the drive home. He texted me, "Man, that Jack is one mean sonofabitch."

at what point does the potency actually degrade? cuz this stuff was ridiculous

Quart jars in a small fridge works quite well.

Little light, and low temps, are key to storage.

As for JTR ...

Some pheno's of that line are known to be potent.

Ran them several years ago ... outgrew the garden.

Might have some F-2's of that, come to think of it.

Back