LED Recommendations for a 1x2' Cabinet

midwest

Just like the title says.
Setting up my mini personal stash grow cabinet. 2x1x6' Just enough room for two 5 gallon buckets of floor space and plenty of height
I have an old 400 watt HPS but wanting to get some LEDs that are a better fit and would require less fan because I want to go stealth as possible. Plus my hps has a pretty loud buzz to it
I really don't know anything about LED's.

Watcha Think?
IMG_20221012_135501264~2.jpg

The TS 1000 from Marshydro would also work for that space as well. It only draws 100 watts and still provides great light. It has the Samsung diode set, so they are really bright and have a long life.
The footprint of that light should be just about right for the space you're talking about.

Also look into Maxsisun LED lights (I have that brand). They are basically the same as Marshydro, but cost 1/3 less. There is an improvement on the Maxsisun, they have a remote control like a TV, (dimmer) you don't have to open the grow container. Marshydro you have the dimer is a dial on top of the light.

I personally grow out of a Marshydro 2' x 4' tent with a Maxsisun TP2000 LED.

Last edited:
I've been looking at this cheap one which also boasts Samsung diodes but is only 85 watts. Under $50
BLOOMSPECT SL600
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087JKDVT...d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9kZXRhaWwp13NParams

And I already have a 30 watt GE floodlight style grow bulb from that I've been using for seedlings and junk to make up that little bit and cover the dim spot. I'm thinking light intensity isn't going to be my issue. Unless there's anything wrong with this bloomspect one? I don't know about what temp I want the diodes to be

Next up is a fan. Quiet is definitely more important than cfm. I don't think this thing is going to be that hot

Good deal, I like Marshydro products their lights are on par with Spider farmer but no overpriced like them.

Order Arrived!
Quick setup. Haven't made the exit hole for the fan yet. Was debating over the back or the top. Probably will go with the top.

The fan is louder than I was hoping. Saw a fan speed adjuster switch cheap that I'll probably get and cut the power on it by half. Depending on how hot it gets in there I may even get a timer and cycle it on and off. Contemplating another tiny fan for below the light for some wind also.
Got 4 Blueberry F5 seedling going already. Not sure exactly what I'm gonna do. Might sex and grow from clone or may just flower them out. Depends.

IMG_20221026_173404120_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20221026_173423361_HDR~2.jpg

Shipping Error in my favor!
So apparently they messed up and sent two orders out for me.
Only charged for 1.
Just got a ts1000 dropped off at my door, plus a timer and hydrometer.
It's the bigger model, just barely squishes into my cab. Has a dimmer function

I suppose I could return it but...

Alright...all set up.
Got to do some more foiling and taping to get some of the light leaks but it's pretty good.
Definitely loud. Gonna get that fan speed switch and lower the power.
But that's pretty much it.
Might start a thread once these blueberry get going
IMG_20221027_161706949_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20221027_161720976_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20221027_161745717~2.jpg

I'm glad it worked out for you, and in your favor. I personally wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth. Enjoy, things should get interesting, looking forward to the upcoming thread about this grow.

Peace my friend.

Yeah I thought about being a dick and refunding the TS600 but I figure I'll keep them both for future use

Back