Just a quick word on buffering when referring to pH solutions

Hm I switched from phosphoric to citric and never looked back...it's stable for me! 7-10 days but I don't aerate the solution so maybe that's a problem in hydro? Almost always have to use ph up tho...not down

i was commenting for hydro..the recirc of hydro is like aeration
if you generally use ph up then you water is way different..
i have a high cation rate and never use ph up..

RO here...used to be on tap and was always adjusting down...need to get me blumats setup today actually as I just filled the bloom chamber up. The work never ends!:volcano:

Tried citric, and was really hard to get it to hold with tap water. Much better with R/0, but i think as far as household products goes, that with our well the white vinegar works better. How this holds true for a fancy-smancy recirculating system, i would certainly not know. Just use on houseplants that just drain into saucer. Very low tech, here.

Getting real tired of soil, the dirt and all it's freeeegin fungus gnats that seem to be in every bag purchased. i know so little about hydro.

Tried citric, and was really hard to get it to hold with tap water. Much better with R/0, but i think as far as household products goes, that with our well the white vinegar works better. How this holds true for a fancy-smancy recirculating system, i would certainly not know. Just use on houseplants that just drain into saucer. Very low tech, here.

Getting real tired of soil, the dirt and all it's freeeegin fungus gnats that seem to be in every bag purchased. i know so little about hydro.

Im with you Nanny. Soil is old. Looking at all the new fangled systems, they're so clean. I have dipped my toes in the water & growing (trying) a mini tomato in a 10 gal dwc, outside. Ive had the pieces n nutes for years, just scared of making a fool of myself, especially around such excellent growers.

Back