I wanna do a Soil Scrog! Need some advice!

EarWax420

Hey whats up TCC!

I been getting ready to take on a SCROG and I really wanna do it in soil. My problem is transplanting from 1 to 2 to 3 or whatever... I wanna keep my plant numbers down but still fill the screen. So would I need to go directly into a 3 gallon and Im wondering how many per 1k? Any help or advice would be amazing. Trying to squeeze every bit out of soils greatness!

I was LST my buds just going into a 5 gallon pot, but could I train them young while Im going from 1 gal to 2 to 3 gal?? I could just stick with LST instead of SCROG but I also hear SCROG gets a little more. I would love to take them all the way up to 5 gal so their huge trained bushes! Any help on this either?!

I would think it would be a pain to transplant while trying to fill a screen. I'd put them in what size pot you were gonna finish them in. 3 gallon sounds good if your gonna run a few of them. I'd say 5 gallon if you going with less girls. Maybe 4 5 gallon girls over a 4x4 1k area.

I usually do about 4 five gals per 1k light.. Veg them into bushes, and then flip into flower. As the plants stretch weave them in and out of the nets to form an even canopy, then after the stretch is over , clean up any branches that don't make it to the light..

funk

Ya personally I'm with QuietStrom here but I think 3 gal are the way to go 5gal would just be overkill. Veg time is whats going to fill the screen but the longer they veg the more room those roots are going to need. I'm sure I'm not saying anything you don't already know but less plants makes watering easier depending on your delivery system but increases veg times. Personally I'd go with 4 girls with pots lined up in a row under a 1K if your in a cabinet other wise I'd do four corners. There is advantages to both pot 3 and 5 gal pots if head room is not limited then definitely go with the 5 gal pots which means less watering more available nutes and more room for those roots. I would also train them as soon as they are going strong the sooner the better remember your growing horizontal here not vertical and new growth bends easier that older growth. GL

Thanks for the Help everyone... I did 4 girls vegged in 3 gal pots till they were practically root bound as all hell... then transplanted into 7 gallon pots and they were huge 4-5 ft bush's... its actually in another thread when I was starting coco... I put the screen that was 12' x 4' under 3 1k's. Im pretty sure there was at least a 5 lb harvest and very possibly more. My partner whos house I built my 6k room at left the 5 el bows out in his garage un contained and got himself busted. Really it was all my loss not his because he had no money in it... but because my strain is so damn stanky... and I mean worst than anything else I ever did... my crop got popped. You can see my ladys in my album or my post in the CoCo section. Look in my album on here though. They were amazing. Next Im about to go vertical... not a hanging bulb but 3 cool tubes stacked with basically a Ebb n Flow type system going through plastic PVC tubes and Hydroton. Should be insane.. cant wait to take pics. This system will pull 1 1/2 g's per watt- 2 g's per watt dialed. Its amazing and the cool tubes dont even get warm. I love it and cant wait to take pics!

Back