hypochlorous acid generator - DIY attempt

BreezeEazy

Hello Cabana, been sifting through information that is mostly over my head but looking to make a hypochlorous acid generator if possible as it is a very effective water treatment (think UC roots). From my understanding the main thing needed in a long list of items is a membrane between the electrodes. I'm currently searching for information on the membrane needed and could use some help if possible. I have a list of items needed to make one of these so that if this does work, I can share a tek because $40-70 a gallon seems unreasonable to me. Uc roots has greatly improved my hydroponic success which is what has brought me to this solution.

I can share any information I have found if needed for the discussion. Any big science nerds out there?

Hello Cabana, been sifting through information that is mostly over my head but looking to make a hypochlorous acid generator if possible as it is a very effective water treatment (think UC roots). From my understanding the main thing needed in a long list of items is a membrane between the electrodes. I'm currently searching for information on the membrane needed and could use some help if possible. I have a list of items needed to make one of these so that if this does work, I can share a tek because $40-70 a gallon seems unreasonable to me. Uc roots has greatly improved my hydroponic success which is what has brought me to this solution.

I can share any information I have found if needed for the discussion. Any big science nerds out there?
I make my own with 5 grams of pool shock to a gallon of water and put 300ml in my res once a week for a 90 gal res.

Calcium hypochlorite aka pool shock is now my go to. It’s super cheap and easily available. You can use a gram a gal for a stock concentrate then add 2-10ml a gal for sterilization. I just use the gram a gallon stock concentrate as a cleaning solution and to dunk cuts and sterilize. I can’t generate enough hocl fast enough anymore.

Back