Hydrogen Peroxide

Defacto

Below are some claims possibly of use to growers and a link to an article listing uses of hydrogen peroxide.
(an all too typical click bait laden site, unfortunately)
(Oh, and I have my doubts that putting 35% hydrogen peroxide on plants is a good idea.)
(The whitening teeth thing is what got me to the site.) :)

Help Your Plants Grow Big And Strong

Hydrogen peroxide works by releasing oxygen. Because plants use oxygen to absorb nutrients from the soil, they love this extra oxygen molecule. This promotes healthier, more vigorous plant growth for your garden.

Spraying a plant with hydrogen peroxide to help it grow

To encourage garden growth, mix one teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide per one cup of water. After you pour the mixture into a spray bottle, mist your plants. If you want to cover an entire garden, increase your dosage to 35% hydrogen peroxide. You can also use this to pre-treat seeds. Since peroxide kills fungi, it also wards off potential diseases such as root infections.

https://www.healthygem.com/hacks/he...rome=1&D6c=1&D_4_6cALL=1&D_4_6_10cALL=1&A5c=1

Interesting, I have cleaned my rooms with peroxide and do soak seeds in a peroxide solution but have never used it as a foliar spray. I would think the 35% would burn as I always wear gloves while using it to clean.

How much 3%? What ratio?

I intend to do a closed loop hydroponic setup if I ever finish remodeling.

I've never used hydrogen peroxide for anything but it sounds important.

Move over alcohol, bleach, vinegar... :)

the good stuff is called Oxidate..same as Hydrogen peroxide except more concentrated..you need to follow the directions and it only comes shipped in 1 gallon containers..very expensive but it'll last you for years, only problem is after 2 years the potency wears down so you need to increase the amount....BB turned me to this stuff many years ago and he knows his chit..its completely safe, kills off all powdery mildrew and with following proper instructions no burn..always wear gloves when working with this stuff because if it spills so on you it will burn..

oxidate is 36% or so...the peroxide you buy in the store is 3%...do the math and use oxidate watered down...I've got a 2 gallon just I'll gladly give away if anyone is close enough to come get it...I ain't mailing a jug of that stuff...

lol muggles, I wonder why it ships hazardous? :)

Where are you located Boo? (Not that I am after the HP; just curious.)

Putembk tells me our group has a bunch from Colorado.

Reactions: Boo
yup, I have used the 3% in my DWC res's to combat root rot, works great

that's a crazy story muggles ..I bet you were like :unsure:

mj

H2O2 is great and the stuff you buy in the store is indeed %3 and can be used as it is. I buy %30 food grade H2O2. It is a great oxidiser and has tons of uses. 30mls per Liter is a %3 solution and is excellent for getting rid of PM

My grow store sells the 35% HP...I use it in a special mixture for battling Aphids and Mites...take care n stay safe.
IMG_9442 (600x800).jpg

go to your local pool supply store and ask for Bacquacil or the equivalent. I think it is close to 30% and a gallon is $20 where I live. Cheaper than the stuff from the beauty supply store, the hydro store or any other store.

Then ya gotta learn to do the math to dilute it to the strength that you want.

Great for sanitizing pots, trays, domes, wall, floors, etc.

Since peroxide kills fungi, it also wards off potential diseases such as root infections.

It actually doesn't kill fungi once it's got mycelium.. It will kill the fungal spores, and molds and bacteria. Which is handy in some sterile culture work. Per Rush Wayne. I always noticed a growth spurt when I've added h2o2 to my rez, or DWC buckets at an ounce per 5 gallons of water.

Back