how often should you adjust your PH?

oldsog

Champion Shit-stirrer
for as long as i can remember i've always topped on my rez and adjusted my Ph daily 5.8-6.0 then watered. it's a tedious job with 4 rez's.

i decided to test out Ph adjusting 1 time a week on the fresh rez change.
i'd add fresh RO 7.0 water daily but never adjusted the Ph till the next fresh rez change. i checked occasionally and the ph was never higher then 6.6 . the plants looked great, yield was in the appropriate range and quality was top shelf.

so i was wondering how often do others check and adjust your PH?

peace,

I to am one who monitor's that PH and TDS level daily on a res. Just old habit of keeping a log.
Now watching it go up and down is one thing, adjusting it is another.

I only would add upper or downer to adjust it if top off water would not keep it in range, and lately it has been ever moving with PBP nute's, so I have changed, will next run, to PH correct AN Sensi Coco line.

Basically it is a balancing act of strength of nutrients and the base water, if all is buffered well, all is good for a week until it becomes unbalanced. If one chances every week, no more adding upper or downer to res, just monitoring if one wants to.
I will see if it all works that way, but I think it will as I see a set A&B mix for evey week, only additives run at different dosages.
:puffpuffpass:

it's been a habit for me for years to top off the rez and check/adjust the ph daily. guess i'm just getting old and looking for short cuts :)

thanks for the replies.

From the plants perspective I think it's more about the fluctuation (and availability) of the pH of the available nutes.

Finding the happy medium between chasing daily or every rez change is the key. That's part of what I call the golden area. That's the wide range of nutes, pH, temps and attention a strain can be maximized at.

Back