Help Understand0img Please

UniGrower

Resting in Peace
Ok I currently have & running LED G8led 450 … .https://www.amazon.com/G8LED-Watt-F...11482502&sprefix=g8+led+900,tools,207&sr=8-15 paid $599 but have always heard best to go with COB Led and since I hav stock in the CREE corp wanted to go with that so >>> https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YFGHNSK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 Bought this and was cheaper a Wills 3000 at $300 so the Wills uses just over 600W but the G8Led draws only 270W .. Why is the G8Led more expensive ??? I figured it was from a company that sold to collage kids with a dream since it's called DORM room now am I going to anything better ??? I don't mind the more electric draw I am just wondering am eally Upgrading ?? Help me understand please ?????????????????:study:

Hey Uni... when I was researching LED lights, finally settling on their small light SF1000 with amazing results.. but what I did read was this, adding COB lighting to an LED is like

the perfect combo.. they especially recommended adding it in the later part of flower.. cannot remember if it was spectrum, don't think so as mine meets most spectrum requirements..

I can see it being the intensity.. if we catch up on bills after her neck surgery the 5th we just may invest in a small one to add late in flower just to see if it's worth it...

Is the CREE any hotter then the LED..? all I know Uni is at 2wks in veg my plants are ready to flip under this LED light and at 3wks in flower are all budded up.. was your LED

just not achieving the end results, and if so what.. size, weight, ??

They are both LED lights and the G8Led does great but I just wanted to get one that had the COB so it hasn't got here yet but I guess someone just has to compare specs which I am confused :pointlaugh:

Let's hope someone comes along and helps us both out... but yeah, I've read they still compliment one another, question is now... HOW? lol

yes its for college kids..from china advertising technique

cobs are good..270w is ok..the reason china lies is that leds /cobs have to be under driven to last

but "real watts rule"..not so much what leds they ar5e,,that just has to do with efficiency

did that help?

ps

i know all about that crap

Yes Kushy That is more to a fine line so thank you wanted to kinda be steered right ...:smileyhug:

New COB light just came so hung up and gone Nuclear hahahahhahah Sure brightens up the situation ..:up:

140631980_904793823652907_7132015950922606041_n.jpg………...141996875_257842349281062_2196196021707679922_n.jpg

All I know is the big players that come recommended aren't using COB. I've been torn between Gavita and HLG Scorpion mostly, and the black dog with UV as a third option. They say 600w roughly replaces a 1k. I doubt it. Im expecting to trade a 1k for 2x600s and get better coverage, or at least that is how I wired my room up for moving forward lol

I Don't follow the crowd :pointlaugh: Like my brother who only wants to look good to others having the new fad but you can get on chasing your tail by following what your friends are doing but I have read so many threads on the Cabana and others and to me a lot of these growers on the Cabana have far surpassed just growing but took it to a whole new level of understanding like a scientist to create this H.E.R.B. & one main common thing was if your going to invest in LED lighting then make sure it has COB capabilities ..I trust my fellow Cabana growers & we are about to find out & all I know is this is throwen some serious light action out .. :x91:

Got some links to share for reading before I invest further? I've read what I could find and they seem essentially the same with minor differences depending on your needs. I think your needs are the biggest decider but like I said, would love to read further before investing. My needs lean more towards quantum boards though.

71694.jpg

This DIY draws less than 150 Watts and will serve 4, 6' tall veggers.
The R:B ratio is adjustable and it's suitable for constant duty.
When the R:B ratio is right and the wavelengths are on target this is more power than I need.
Never exceeds 90 F., and runs quiet.

All that said, I find a company called Magical Growth has very good lights.
They are pricey, but powerful.

Back