First Outdoor Grow 2024

ChillFlorist

Howdy everyone,
So I’ve got 4 plants - 2 scarlet begonias (irie genetics) clones, 2 Durban poison S1s from CSI - in 1gal containers indoors right now. They are 2-3 ft tall now and I’m running out of time personally before I need to transplant these girls outdoors. My plan is to place them directly in the ground and let ‘em rip.

My question is how early is too early to place mature plants outdoors?
Have any of you planted in April or May? How’d it go?

I’m in zone 6a and weather is looking good. But this will be my first outdoor I don’t want cause a flower/reveg situation that ruins my harvest potential. Recommendations for a new outdoor grower?

My advice would be to wait until the daylength is long enough to avoid a reveg (which will eff your plants up and make them super-leafy). For that, to be safe, you want at least 14 hours of daylight. So I would wait until May.

Also, depending on where you are, putting them directly into the ground, you can't move them inside if there's a late frost. Going outside early, you MIGHT get some additional size/yield if the weather is nice, but if it's not nice, the result will be stunted plants that don't produce for shit. So once again, I'd advise a later start.

Howdy everyone,
So I’ve got 4 plants - 2 scarlet begonias (irie genetics) clones, 2 Durban poison S1s from CSI - in 1gal containers indoors right now. They are 2-3 ft tall now and I’m running out of time personally before I need to transplant these girls outdoors. My plan is to place them directly in the ground and let ‘em rip.

My question is how early is too early to place mature plants outdoors?
Have any of you planted in April or May? How’d it go?

I’m in zone 6a and weather is looking good. But this will be my first outdoor I don’t want cause a flower/reveg situation that ruins my harvest potential. Recommendations for a new outdoor grower?
April or May? Sure with supplemental lighting otherwise many genetics will stunt and try to reveg losing your extra veg time.
Best to veg indoors as long as possible until middle of June atleast with no lighting. Are you losing the space you are using now to prepare them indoors, is that one of your issues?

Back