Filling gel caps

burnie

Ok , I`ve now filled 750 gel caps with crock pot oil . But having an annoying problem . Some caps seem to dissolve when putting the cap on `em . This was done with Coconut oil , never had problems before . I took a 3/4" board and drilled 50 holes to hold the long half of the caps . Can it be that they`re setting too long with oil in them ? I`ve never had this trouble with other gel caps.....so maybe just this brand ? Got `em at the local health food store ...00 size . Ideas...questions ? Thanks for your ear and your time !
peace

That`s what I`m doin` big . Just doin` 50 in about 15-20 minutes . Then straight to fridge . Must just be some shitty caps .
peace

Are you sure they are gelatin caps and not veg caps? V-caps dissolve very rapidly and should only be used for immediate use:D

2b2s

Are you sure they are gelatin caps and not veg caps? V-caps dissolve very rapidly and should only be used for immediate use:D

2b2s

yes I agree with 2broke2smoke it sure sounds like veg caps. I never had one gel cap every melt before

Nope guys . NOW Healthy Foods brand . Double 00 gelatin caps . Only other thing I can think is I`m taking oil out of crock pot that`s set on warm . Just so much easier than room temp oil to work with . I`ll waste a couple and see what happens with warm vs room temp . Hopefully that`s the problem . Thanks for the heads up....I`d have never thought about veg caps .
peace

Well , it wasn`t warm oil causing the leaks . Gotta` just be the caps even tho` they don`t feel extra thin or anything . Just gonna` stop fillin` and put crock pot in fridge till I order more . Anybody recommend a brand to get ?
peace

Burnie instead of going from crock to cap when the product is done why not just just keep the product slightly higher than room temp.This will assure the coconut oil is not solid. I usually take a block I want to fill set it in a bowl on top of my stereo until it is liquid then do some cap fillin' :puffpuffpass:

Just ordered some Gel-Caps 0 size and can somebody clue me in what would be the best size of syringe to use for RSO Oil to store and fill with ?? Like I seen a 3 . 5 & 10 Mil syringe but just not sure on which would be the best cause I see they said as you progress as supposed to start out with oil the size of a piece of rice then progress up to maybe a gram per day so how much size would you need to hold a gram ?? :pointlaugh:

Uni to fill my caps I used one of those child ear syringes....looks like an over sized eye dropper.They work very well

Yes But I was wanting to maybe store them in the fridge so was not sure which of those 3 I should go with but yea filling with that would work but even those are not clear and usually baby blue lol

I ended up using one of the syringes that you use to inject flavorings into deep fried turkey . Big , but easy to handle and fills a bunch of caps at one filling .
peace

Yep , runnin` low on ones for myself now . Gonna` hafta` get a grow going soon for cancer caps...and enjoyable caps !!
peace

I thought you did it out of step or such if you decarbed it and wasn't sure if it would be strong or not ???:dunno:

amazon 00 caps ..warm oil= no prob..bought a few curved end syringes ..cut them off until theywere the right size..i poke holes in cardboard and set the caps in..

Hola Gang

I usually put the coco fat(hard one)
in the small crock pot from Wally
add my powder canna and set to
low overnite.
I check and at low its 220 degree
so no decarb needed it decarb overnite

I also use the flavor syringe its the best
I do have a small plastic cap holder and
just fill the cap then put to fridge so it
harden.

Bare

If you have not already figured it out....

The problem was what the capsules were made out of. Gelatin based capsules will dissolve and leak Vegetable Cellulose based will not. I've made thousands of capsules with Veg Cellulose based caps and never had an issue with leaking.

Have you ever tried using olive or MCT oil as a carrier instead of regular coconut oil. So much easier to work with at room temp and just as healthy of an oil if sourced properly. I use olive as a carrier oil for my caps and even when heated to 95-100 degrees, to better dissolve the cannabis oil into, I've never had any leak related issues.

Best of luck in your endeavor.

Back