Feminized Auto Seeds

Growhumboldt

Does anyone know the process for feminizing autos? I have yet to reproduce autos and wanted to give it a shot! I only have 3 seeds of Fourm Stomper going and planned on hitting two of them at week 3 with STS just after transplant. Is this the proper way to fem seed autos? I believe the seeds I have are feminized.

Does anyone know the process for feminizing autos? I have yet to reproduce autos and wanted to give it a shot! I only have 3 seeds of Fourm Stomper going and planned on hitting two of them at week 3 with STS just after transplant. Is this the proper way to fem seed autos? I believe the seeds I have are feminized.
I’m no expert but from what I’ve read you want to hit it with STS a little earlier some say up to two weeks before flip (autos don’t require light flip but just before it flowers). I’m sure this is all variety and even singular plant dependent. I’ll be trying out my first reversal this summer and might try a couple-few methods on different plants of chem 91. Give some of the Nspecta potcasts a listen he goes into detail on reversing tactics and strategies.

I’m no expert but from what I’ve read you want to hit it with STS a little earlier some say up to two weeks before flip (autos don’t require light flip but just before it flowers). I’m sure this is all variety and even singular plant dependent. I’ll be trying out my first reversal this summer and might try a couple-few methods on different plants of chem 91. Give some of the Nspecta potcasts a listen he goes into detail on reversing tactics and strategies.
Yeah, I knew from listening to the podcasts with Caleb that you're supposed to hit the reversal plant earlier. I think you're also supposed to flip them 2 weeks before the receiving plants, iirc. But with autos, you never know when it's going to flip itself. If they're pretty stable and you've run them, maybe you have an idea when, but it's such a crap shoot. I think pot size might play a role in that, from what I've read, and in my single grow of them. My first grow was autos, 4 in 3 gallon pots, and 1 in a 5 gallon. The 3's all flipped around 4 weeks, and the 5 took about 6. But I've also seen plants that flipped right off the rip, and the guy, or girl, gets like an eighth or a quarter off the thing, lol. But I think his genetics are from Mephisto (?), and they're a pretty highly rated auto breeder, so maybe he has an idea of his time frame.

I’ve reversed many strains. It’s the autos I don’t have any experience with. I had a few seeds of forum stomper and wanted to make auto seeds for my early spring run. I popped them a couple weeks ago and I guess I’ll hit one with STS and see what happens. Thanks for the advice. Caleb is a wealth of knowledge and a top class breeder.

Back