Extractcraft Source Turbo

I just commented on ICMag that you discovered this 5 years ago!

I can't believe it isn't super popular!

I have two of them but wish I'd sprung for the bigger unit for capacity. I'm sure [MENTION=3586]Graywolf[/MENTION] can add much more relevant detail than I can, but these are fine units for making extract for edibles and topicals. For dabs and other vapables you'll probably want to at least get a vacuum pump, buchner filter, a medical freezer and a vacumm chamber for purging.

I tend to use first washes for dabs, second washes for edibles and then third washes for topicals. It's a lot of work, I'm not gonna lie, but considering that the material I use would more than likely just be composted or thrown away, if you grow enough its a nice way to make your efforts go farther.

and making infused canna oil is way easier and I get a much more accurate dosage using extract rather than plant material.

I have two of them but wish I'd sprung for the bigger unit for capacity. I'm sure [MENTION=3586]Graywolf[/MENTION] can add much more relevant detail than I can, but these are fine units for making extract for edibles and topicals. For dabs and other vapables you'll probably want to at least get a vacuum pump, buchner filter, a medical freezer and a vacumm chamber for purging.

I tend to use first washes for dabs, second washes for edibles and then third washes for topicals. It's a lot of work, I'm not gonna lie, but considering that the material I use would more than likely just be composted or thrown away, if you grow enough its a nice way to make your efforts go farther.

and making infused canna oil is way easier and I get a much more accurate dosage using extract rather than plant material.

Good points. Now that I no longer have a lab, I am rediscovering how to extract for personal use at home. What is the miminum equipment besides the Extract Craft vacuum stills??

I hand prepped the buds into 1/2 or less pieces and froze both the 1/2 gallon jars of bud and the Everclear to -18C/0F, before wrapping the jar of bud in a towel and pouring in the Everclear.

I did a three, a five, and an eight minute wash before finding the sweet spot for this crop, and then combined and refroze the plant material from the first washes for a second wash of 5 minutes for a tincture.

At the end of the washes I dumped them through a wire mesh strainer for rapid draining and then re-jarred the wet plant material for further processing as soon as possible to conserve alcohol.

I further filtered the alcohol/concentrate solution through a Buchner with #1 Lab Filter, protected by a commercial coffee filter, before pouring the mixture in the Extract Craft.

At the end of the process, I poured the recovered alcohol back into its original bottle using a funnel and returned it to the freezer.

I stopped the Extract Craft while I could still pour the remaining liquid without leaving a thick film, and decanted it into Pyrex pie plates and casserole dish to further evaporate the remaining liquid.

Equipment was (4) half gallon fruit jars, (2) towels, (1) mesh strainer, (1) Buchner funnel, (1) vacuum flask, (1) vacuum pump, (2) 10" Pyrex pie plates, (1) Pyrex casserole dish, (1) single edged razor blade, (1) funnel.

Supplies were, (4) half gallons of prepared buds, [(1/2) gallon of Everclear. I bought (3) half gallons for the process and after six runs have two full bottles.], (2) #1 lab filters, (6) commercial coffee filters, (4) dab jars, (2) tincture bottles, paper towels and alcohol for cleanup.

Last edited:
I ran about 15 half gallon runs on the Etoh Pro I'm testing and a few more on my Turbo as well, finishing off some potions.

I'll share my test results once I've written them up, but in summary both units worked well recovering alcohol and the EtOH Pro also doubled as a heated vacuum purge chamber.

I made five balm jars of dabs, one of which I smeared on raw parchment and processed through the EtOH heated purge chamber and the rest I finished in Pyrex pie plates.

I kept the rest as a roily EtOH tincture, but in trying to find suitable drinks, etc to mix it with I poured the roily tinctures into the Turbo and reduced them to essential oil, before adding MCT oil to make it dropper-able.

Hee, hee, hee, because it works good but tastes like shit, I added Loranne Oils cinnamon candy flavoring oil to about half the MCT tincture and it now works well and tastes like candy.

You sure must stay well medicated with all that product! :)
Thanks for the flavoring tip. Like you, I found using the cannabis oil in edibles tended to ruin the taste.
/QUOTE]

If you quick wash and filter that wash well, you get an amber wash that reduces to a dark oil, but is still quite nice in gummies. Never made baked goods with it, but with a cherry jello and a little citric acid they are nice and tart. No one has ever complained about a "weed" flavor.

You sure must stay well medicated with all that product! :)
Thanks for the flavoring tip. Like you, I found using the cannabis oil in edibles tended to ruin the taste.

https://www.amazon.com/Jo-Ann-Store...ocphy=1014654&hvtargid=pla-568886292910&psc=1

I stay as medicated as desired, but the bulk of it is shared or donated, so half is gone already, though I also receive product sample gifts from friends and associates, so hard to keep track.

Interestingly, it depends on what you put it in. As Dawn Patrol notes, concentrate flavor is easier to mask/compliment than "weedy" chlorophyll from plant material, but all by it self it isn't tasty to me.

Cinnamon masks it well as does peppermint, but it is also delicious complimented rather than masked. Sweet VG Glycerin tinctures are reminiscent of wild honey with different provocative flavors darting off in all directions.

One of the things I like about cinnamon in a sublingual, is that it speeds up the absorption of the cannabinoids, aside from its own cinnamaldehyde medicinal effects.

Back