Digital Ballast

still_buzz'n

Dab Banger
So I'm looking for a new 1000w HPS/MH Switchable ballast with temperature control. I had one from Quantum that worked great but blew. So what's good and won't break the bank? I'm kind of old school and a 100% disabled veteran so money is scarce. Thanks in advance y'all!

'buzz'n

they have a used section at my local hydro store and there`s a wide range of slightly used E-Ballasts that are going cheap...everyone seems to be switching over to high end LED`s....take care n stay safe.

they have a used section at my local hydro store and there`s a wide range of slightly used E-Ballasts that are going cheap...everyone seems to be switching over to high end LED`s....take care n stay safe.

And the takeover is almost complete.... muwahahahaha

LED's rule as long as you stay away from the Blurple lighting and go with daylight spectrum of white... after trying both, omg...

When I did run 600w hps light... the 2nd gen of Lumatek was very good... dimming, switchable.. I think Alabaster is still running the one I gave him 10yrs ago... lol

luck

I'm still rocking a few of the purple Lumateks that are at least 5 years old.

I like the LED idea too. I thought people jumped on them a little too soon 3 - 5 years ago but the technology is improving rapidly.

I'm still rocking a few of the purple Lumateks that are at least 5 years old.

I like the LED idea too. I thought people jumped on them a little too soon 3 - 5 years ago but the technology is improving rapidly.

I ran HPS for over 10yrs... made the switch to tent growing and thought, lets give LED's a try..

I went thru a learning curve, bought 2 cheap arse blurple lights first and gave them to friends with large setups as secondary light.. did more research and really

got down into it. Found out the Blurple LED lighting takes like 3x's the light to produce what the daytime spectrum does..

I found 2 light companies I liked that were in my price range.. Spiderfarmer won me out for some reason... HGL was close 2nd.. either would work u fine.

My tent is a Gorilla Light tent, 2ft x 2.5ft x 6.5ft tall... the SF1000 light is perfect for this, plants can end up half a foot away with no issues...with what it

puts out I'd say it's equivalent to a 400w hps almost..

best of luck

Back