Decarboxing

burnie

Ready to do some crock pot oil . Got some old bud and larf thats gettin` old and might as well do something with it . My crock pot has 3 temp settings...low , high and Keep Warm . On low , the temp runs approx 210-215 degrees . Is that warm enough for it to decarb ? Afraid of runnin` on high . It has just now warmed up to that 210 mark . Thoughts ? Thanks !!
peace

240 and hope you all the best and I.F. my old school A$$ would have known this info would have been so far ahead of the game but live & learn :sniff:

decarboxylation-graph-1-11.jpg

https://wakeandbake.co/decarboxylating-cannabis-to-activate-thc/

https://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38925

Ready to do some crock pot oil . Got some old bud and larf thats gettin` old and might as well do something with it . My crock pot has 3 temp settings...low , high and Keep Warm . On low , the temp runs approx 210-215 degrees . Is that warm enough for it to decarb ? Afraid of runnin` on high . It has just now warmed up to that 210 mark . Thoughts ? Thanks !!
peace

I suggest between 250F and 290F for highest THC retention.

For about 30 minutes?..

Around 30 minutes at 250F, but no material is in exactly the same condition starting out, so I watch the bubble production to tell when carboxylation is at around 70%, which is the optimum stopping place for maximum THC retention.

Bubble production up to that point is rapid, and the bubbles suddenly drop off, as you reach the apex of the decarboxylation curve, before starting down.

My question is want to make some Rick Simpson oil and had a few of these old ISO2 Oil Extractor machines and when making this through this machine is do I still have to decarbox in the oven before running the process in this machine or will this machine get up to the point in it's own process ?? I want to do it right for best effect just making whole plant oil maybe for capsules dosing ... Please clue me in ! Don't want to do the wax or else just do the best for what is needed ..:dunno:

Attachments

• iso-ii-by-d-gold.jpg
    iso-ii-by-d-gold.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
Wish I'd have talked to Graywolf before doing mine.
I was at 300* for 20 mins. Was wondering why it wasn't still bubbling when I took it out.
Still, didn't seem to affect it that much. Have a friend, Jim *****, explain how to titrate for future references.

New question .....all decarb refrences to fresh moist trim . Do I follow the same steps for dry trim ?
Thanks !!
peace

just did..two 3 litre batches of canna infused olive oil...ended up with 5 litres

it helps patient ..sleep..not take opiates..[dunno if he takesany now]

..and helps with depression

tw days on medium

i'm about to make a batch of coconut oil myself. does anyone decarb in the oven before making oil? recommended amount of oil for 2oz ground flowers? Thanks in advance!

I ask that same question but we are making the RSO oil and 2 top people told me to decarb after the fact and maybe just put the oil in a oil or water tub and bring it up to the desired heat with a thermometer ...

I ask that same question but we are making the RSO oil and 2 top people told me to decarb after the fact and maybe just put the oil in a oil or water tub and bring it up to the desired heat with a thermometer ...

cool. last time i brought the oil up to temp, added the flowers, and decarbed that way. figured i'd ask since some folks decarb before extraction. :puffpuffpass:

i'm about to make a batch of coconut oil myself. does anyone decarb in the oven before making oil? recommended amount of oil for 2oz ground flowers? Thanks in advance!

I decarboxylate the concentrate after extraction in a 250F hot oil bath. You can tell exactly where you are at by watching the CO2 bubble production.

All material isn't the same, so trying to decarboxylate in an oven before extracting is guess work.

I decarboxylate the concentrate after extraction in a 250F hot oil bath. You can tell exactly where you are at by watching the CO2 bubble production.

All material isn't the same, so trying to decarboxylate in an oven before extracting is guess work.

thanks for the tip! :puffpuffpass:

how long do you do the extraction BTW?

So I've never made any edibles that have messed me up. Is it possible they don't work on me? Or have I just not fully or over decarbed all the goodies I've made?

It's unlikely that edibles won't get you high at all.

Chances are you 1) didn't decarb properly, or 2) didn't consume enough to get high.

Keep in mind that the buzz from edibles is different. Smaller doses can have very subtle effects. Also, if you eat a low dose on a full stomach, you may not even feel it. I like to consume edibles on an empty stomach, so they go right to work.

If you have access to commercial edibles, I would try some and see whether THEY work. I like a relatively low dose, 10mgs of THC. The sativa edibles from the local place I used to go were WONDERFUL. Super nice upbeat happy high, very social and good for getting shit done. I stocked up before I moved out of state!

Back