Decarb question

MORCHEEBA

if i do a dry ice extraction of 3 mo old trim do i need to decarb it before infusing it into coconut oil?

thanks

midsummer and bigsur51 thanks for the response. i havent made edibles too many times and it always been w/fresh material that needed decarbing, just wasnt sure if older material would decarb naturally over time.

peace

I make butter and oil too. I always cut up the bud and decarb it by putting a fairly thin layer in a covered pyrex dish in the oven at 240 F for 1 hour. Works for me.

I only use extracts for edibles these days and I decarb the extract in a couple of tablespoons of coconut oil then add it straight into whatever recipe I am using.

MOCHEEBA, I think what you're asking is, will the three month drying time decarb the trim, or do you need to decarb it anyway? I'm not sure, frankly. The THC will decarb naturally over time, but I don't know how long it takes. I would decarb a small sample and see what you get.

One thing I do know is that if you do it in oil or butter, it should bubble as the CO2 is released. When it stops bubbling it is completely decarbed.

thanks for the input. i ended up decarbing it then added to coconut oil but i still dont feel the effects much, it just knocks the spasms down, not out.

kazzy,

thanks and i have to spread rep before i can give you any more.

peace

Back