Cloning done EZ

Cartman

Hellow Campers...

I was taught this cloning method over 15yrs ago by Motarebel & Gymshoes.. the ole "Chicken container" method..

I was born a poor white child... okay, maybe I'm just cheap.. either way this is a low cost method that works great.. Ready..

First off, plan a chicken dinner, then go to Sam's Club or Wallymart, buy one or two of them rotissirie chickens up near the registers... eat the chicken and
after washing the container, walla, you have your cloner.. notice the steam escape vents in the top, be sure to open these...

the bottoms have changed so I've gone to using seed starter cups to keep my RR plugs upright..

Gather up your cloning supplies, me I swear by Dip n Grow.. A fresh cut thru a node region, into rapid rooter plugs..
20210502_085701.jpg

20210502_090551.jpg

20210502_092332.jpg

20210502_092425.jpg

20210502_085642.jpg

20210502_092513.jpg
I had to place on outside a dome to see if it was her.... no wilting... gotta love this girl..
20210502_092614.jpg

Sweet tip Carty, I’m havin fits it’s so damn hot here, rooted cuts are turning to tacos within two mins of pulling from the dome. Had to bring the domes in the house.

Clones rooted in 4 days

Well, gotta love the K.I..S.S. method of cloning.. best thing is, what am I out if this doesn't work.. 6 cuts..

This time I kinda proved to even myself you can do things less then perfect and still get lucky if the environment and conditions are still met.

Abuse:
From day 1 it began, thought I had one razor blade left, not... so I used full scissors that pretty much ripped and tore at the cutting.. I left it in dishambles
and dipped it anyway into my one and only choice for rooting cuts.... " Dip n Grow ". seriously, the stuff is magic people, $10 lasts yrs... lol
2nd abuse was leaving them in the window to long and drying them out a bit.. trick is, when you go to rewet them... make yourself a filtered water mix of
mix of choice... then lightly dip just the bottom half of the RR plug into the solution and just for a quick 2 count.. you want moisture where the roots are trying to start, NOT AT THE BASE OF THE clone... causing root rot or stemming over.. I squeeze mine just lightly to assure it's not to wet....

I NEVER spritz my cuttings, instead of rinse off the dome's lid keeping it dripping wet and place it back atop the cuts... be sure at least one of the vent holes are open in the chicken container..

Rooted in 4 days

cr b.jpg

cr d.jpg

c rooted.jpgclone rooted.jpg

The reason I stopped spritzing clones is, well I used to do it twice a day.. I discovered the hard way that all the spritzing also dripped down into the plugs keeping things WAY to wet.. I began to refer to this as " Killing the with Love " .. my inability to just leave them be was killing me. the key to happy clones is creating that rain forest vibe.. Warm humidity with a slight refreshing breeze from time to time... aka burping the lid daily.. and the open vent in lid..

Temps between 78 - 82 f roots fastest.. damp but not wet plugs more wet at base then upper part near stem.. NO STRONG LIGHTS... I tend to place mine in
spare bathroom right on toilet seat getting that weird window light... at night, to the stove light.. yeah, KISS baby.. :afro:

Damn, 4 days, that’s pretty damn good, thanks for the info, maybe I can make somethin happen now, lol.

My buddy came by today to drop off my 4runner and showed him my cloner on the stove as I handed him a rooted cut... he laughed and says, that's a F'n chicken container.. yup.

So far out of 5 clones, 3 are already rooted and tomorrow guessing the other 2 will show. Pretty sure they are going on vacation and getting to visit Hawaii long before I ever will...

I love it. K.I.S.S. at it's finest.

I know right? works even better with a heating pad or a real seed starter heat mat.. it's all about keeping the bottoms between 78 - 82f . plus the little bit of heat helps create more

humidity inside the dome.. again, making a rain forest affect.

I check them twice a day, when I move them from bathroom to kitchen at night... we leave our stove light on as a night light, so I place it under that.... hehe. cheap arse..

I've got 2 beauties about to show roots, Ghost Oger The Carty Cut.jpg , and on their way to Puna soon.... :pl:

i start removing the dome after 3-4 days. if the clone wilts. the dome goes back on. if it doesn't, the dome stays off. maybe that will help for those who's clones turn to mush

Last edited:
i start removing the dome after 3-4 days. if the clone wilts. the dome goes back on. if it doesn't, the dome stays off. maybe that will help for those who's clones turn to much

I don't like to stress my cuts... so day one I watch them close first few hours to see if they begin to wilt the first time I clone a strain just to see if
they are of special breed like the Oger cut.. Only an old K2 has in the past.. So far, all have need a dome, except my Oger cut. she never wilts and I find that amazing. Besides, in 3 to 4 days mine are rooted.... hehehehe... just razzing ya.

She's BAAAACK.... Carty's Oger "Ghost Cut" is rooted up, in a pot and growing strong...

Oger saved 2 (2).jpg

In veg now and will finally be keeping my own mom of this magical lady..:cigar2:

I don't like to stress my cuts... so day one I watch them close first few hours to see if they begin to wilt the first time I clone a strain just to see if
they are of special breed like the Oger cut.. Only an old K2 has in the past.. So far, all have need a dome, except my Oger cut. she never wilts and I find that amazing. Besides, in 3 to 4 days mine are rooted.... hehehehe... just razzing ya.

She's BAAAACK.... Carty's Oger "Ghost Cut" is rooted up, in a pot and growing strong...

View attachment 345144

In veg now and will finally be keeping my own mom of this magical lady..:cigar2:

the last batch of clones i took showed roots 2 days after removing the domes. I'll take roots in a week anytime.

the last batch of clones i took showed roots 2 days after removing the domes. I'll take roots in a week anytime.

Gotta love a vigorous plant huh? I've had stubborn ones too that after a week or more your like... aw come on. These others spoil us rotten and we expect it from all strains... lol.

I think with cloning, it's all about finding what works for you.. if your successful to the point of 90% or more rooted, stick with what your doing.. biggest hint I can give anyone...

DO NOT leave standing water in your clone floor or spritz them to often, it all runs down onto the plug... excessive water is your enemy, temps of 80 f are VERY important..

My Oger is happy and already donated a cut to ZeroZero

oger 2.jpg

C O 3.jpg

Back