Clamp extraction method

Dandaweedman

Herbologist
I found this fairly interesting and am wondering if it would work better than a hair straightener?
Reasonably priced compared to the big guns but with straighteners running $35 CAD would you guys figure it's worth the $125 US? ($7,048 CAD ;) )

Theju1cebox dot com

Nope. I just learned my spending must be curtailed for a bit to finish the minor renovations I've been doing.
Lay offs do suck.
Once the ban is lifted I'll probably try the straightener method to see if I like the results enough to go further.

East coast, king of the useful links. thank you.

.8 of a gram from 3.5 grams is what they claim.
That clamp can't exert more than a few hundred pounds of force total. The same yield percentage from a press that exerts tons of pressure via instinkgram?

That’s a interesting unit, do not buy it. That clamp is a pos, the pads will break right off lickity split. I have those clamps for wood working and have broken both of um using my own strength. I’m 60 and weak as fuk.

If you wanna go inexpensive, harbor freight desk top bearing press, eBay for your heated plates. We started with homemade bearing press, only reason we went to Sasquash is the amount you can press. With 3.5inch plates we could load 7 grams and get 4+ return. Sasquash we can do a zip at a time.

We still have the bearing press for doing small amounts for personal use and testing plants.

A fellow woodworker?
i wasn't thinking of buying that but the ingenuity is pretty cool for a DIY.

We Don't have harbour freight but we do have princess auto and if a guy is willing to pay $125US for that clamp it's not much more for a real press. Ill have to check out eBay for plate costs. Might be better than using a torch.

Way better then a torch, take fookin forever too heat a plate to 210f, and the heat wouldn’t be distributed evenly.

If your just doing little squishes for the head, few grams a day or so, then a good hair straightener should be fine.

Back