Cannabis Monploy in the making

Lol, and no one seen this comming.

all of us knew this is how it will shake out, yes there will be some that become fat, but corporations, big money guys, will own it all and control it.

It's America, as soon as the big boys get there ducks in a row, MJ will become legal, wait and see.

Joe blow does not have the money to play, it's a shame, smart money is looking way past pre rolls and candies at the 7/11.

I see the black market will continue to thrive. Wait for the law suits to hit the courts and see what happens though. This company did nothing to create any of those genetics, made no crosses, injected no genes into the plants, I can't see how they can own patents on a plant they did nothing to bring about other than map the genome.

Hey, all of us small time growers still need to make a living..
I live in wine country here in Northern California, Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino and Lake county and even though they produce tons of cheap wine grapes in the central valley for companies like Gallo's gallon wine jugs the small wineries still do very well with quality over mass production..bottles of wine here go from anywhere from $30 to $100 bucks compared to a $5 jug..over time we will see what the consumer is willing to spend on, quality or crap..

It will be a niche market so you will have to be on your game .
Living in the northeast, the quality of the outdoor grown herb is half as good as indoor .
everything is becoming so boutique --ish these days you have to pay attention to detail and grow with a mindset that the competition is going to be big in the legal states .

I sure do miss those days when I could get 4 K a elbow but that's all gone HE HE .:guitar:

They may be able to patent some pedigrees of cannabis..
But trying to enforce that patent....rolflmfao!..
There's a million mom and pop pot gardeners out there that are sitting on coffee cans that are full of seeds..
What are the patent cops going to do , make everyone turn in their seeds?....rolflmfao!...
The author of that article has dreams of becoming a famous author , book signing tours , and movies.

agreed! There's no way they can enforce those patents.

I guess I'll have to be the cog in the wheel here.
While I agree with Rosso, I've also had first-hand experience with a liquor store. While the product is different, the business model is the same. When we purchased our liquor store in Manteca, Ca., we had to bill it as "something special" over and beyond other liquor stores, especially big market vendors. We ended up spending over 100k to update our stock of "top shelf" liquors such as covassier and other velvet lined boxes in excess of $100. This made our name as the "biggest decanter selection in NorCal." In 7 years working weekends there, I only sold one bottle. Black Velvet, Jim Beam, Jose Cuervo, all flew off the shelves along with our "budget" brands. The top shelf continued to get dusted. The same concept goes for tobacco.

So yes, this does annoy me but I'm not the least bit surprised. There's a certain amount of certainty that there's not much we can do against "Big Money."
IMO, the patent issue and the seeds are two separate beasts. The patents will give "ownership" to the big investors. The seeds, once the monopoly is in place, will carry a heavier sentence to protect the patent holders. Can you imagine the enhanced sentencing guidelines for possessing seeds because they'll be considered as "manufacturing?"

I only grow for myself anymore so that's the direction I go when looking for genetics.

Back