Cannabis/Butter

Shovelhandle

I have a little more pot than I need so I decided to make some edibles. I used three ounces of beautiful buds, no shake or duff and two pounds of fresh, sweet butter. The strain is Afghani Dream x BOG Medley and I grew it outdoors and harvested last fall. It's been in the refrigerator since curing. I decided to keep it all for myself as I did give away most of my last batch of brownies (six dozen). And as this is for me I left the veg material in with the butter after cooking. Some folks are fussy eaters, yut. This made a batch of green butter of about (8) three quarter cup sticks.
I baked up a batch of box brownies and box orange/cranberry bread using one stick in each (about 10-11 grams of pot per stick). Each recipe has (9) doses of a little over a gram (two brownies or one slice of bread). They taste great! I'm waiting to see the effects so I can figure the potency. I have six more sticks in the freeze.
:yum:

Do you like rice krispy treats?
Try making some treats using coco krispies and brown marshmallows....yum.
Takes most of the canna taste away. Sometimes I throw in a cup of peanut butter too.

I do indeed like rice krispy treats but I still need a slow cooker (crockpot) recipe for canna butter...then I can make some rice krispy treats :) :wave:

thanks still buzz'n..... I printed it out and it looks to be a very potent cannabutter recipe :)

I did too.
I bought a pair of nylons at the dollar store for filtration. Cheese cloth is too porous for me to work with.
Trimming right now so will have leaves to make a batch of BOBB for the weekend.

Budmiser the nylon filter is a great idea and I agree the cheese cloth is far to porous. Let us know how the BOBB turns out :)

BBOOOBB caaame oouut good, oon it noww.

Wow! That's almost too strong (3lbs butter, 1 lb trim) will have to augment that amount.
I guess I can mix in more butter too.

BBOOOBB caaame oouut good, oon it noww.

Wow! That's almost too strong (3lbs butter, 1 lb trim) will have to augment that amount.
I guess I can mix in more butter too.

You doing okay bro? Haven't seen you post since you made the butter lol! Hope all is well!

how to cook up *single* edible doses on the fly?

bringing this thread back from the dead for a minute so i don't start another one....

first of all, i love edibles but have a few problems figuring out what to do. help here appreciated.

i rarely have 'a little more pot than i need' and my sporadic micro-grows don't produce much trim. so i do not bother with budder or baking. but like i said, i really like cookies or brownies when friends have a square to share. i can't really 'waste' herb doing this since i know whatever i used could have gotten me medded several times over by smoking it instead.

what i am looking for is some advice about how to cook up *single* edible doses on the fly. to be honest, i've never been able to figure out how much or how little to use (i figure its based on strain strength eh). is it possible to take a gram or two of kindbud, roll it up in some vegetable or animal fat of some sort and turn it into an edible?

in the past i've used butter in a dish with some herb and nuke it. or some peanut butter cooked the same way. or steeped into warm cream for english tea. i either experience nothing at all or fall asleep.

there has to be a happy medium out there. or is it just trial and error, which exceeds my patience level :happy:

thanks for reading this far!

Firecrackers

Take two crackers and spread peanut butter on them.
Sprinkle some herb on the peanut butter
Put the two half's together and wrap in alum foil

Bake on 325 for 20 min.

I've stopped bothering with making the butter for bread recipes. Now I just grind and toast the herb at a carefully controlled temp of 250º for half an hour and add to the oil ingredient, then the rest of the recipe. Tastes great and get all the effects and benefit of the 'whole plant. As much as 30 gm to a loaf. Yut, it's strong.

anyone have a surefire canna butter recipe using a slow cooker?:yum:

anymore, I make shatter and add it to butter. But when i was doing the butter extraction, this is what i would do. Thank you Alleycat, my good friend, for teaching me this

take your butter, melt in a crock pot or regular pot on the stove with the pot about 1/2 full of water. I use big pots so keep that in mind. once the butter is letled, add in your trim/buds and stir a bit. let simmer for a while. this is up to you. the chemical extraction takes place rather quickly so I used to do an hour, maybe 2. You can do as long as you wish as long as the temp doesn't hit boiling.
strain the liquid with a fine mesh, and mean very fine sieve or strainer. squish the remaining liquid out of the plant material. toss the plant material
place the liquid in the fridge until completely cooled. A disc of infused butter will form on the top of the liquid. Take a knife and cut a hole inthe disc near the side fo the pot. drain the water. it will look like green irradiated waste. fill the pot half way with clean water and dump again. then fill and reheat . once the butter is melted, stir and stir and then cool down again. I call this washing the butter. what it does is help get rid of the chlorophyll which adds to the green funky ass taste. Do this about 6 or 7 times until the water comes out sparkling clean with no odor.
then remove the disc of butter from the pot. flip it over and using a large chef's knife, scrape the side of the butter that was in contact with the water. there will be some small amount of plant material here - little flakes, if you will. I prefer a purer product. I discard the scrapings, place the disc in a Tupperware and use it for cooking/baking. Washing the butter helps give your baking a better flavor, instead of that bitter funky ass taste.

ity's some work but well worth it.

generally, i use about 1 1/2 - 2 ounces of trim per pound of butter. I've made cookies so string that they made me hallucinate. Also, I've had chef friends tell me my cookies, canna-cookies or not, were some of the best they've ever had.

have fun

Back