Cannabinoid home test kits

Quagmire

In the Groove
I didn't know these were a thing until a light bulb went off the other night and I googled them. Seems that there are many. Anyone have any experience with them?

Link for reference, I have zero experience with any brand of kits.

https://www.alpha-cat.org/

I have seen a few of these test kits and I am suspect at best at their ability to give accurate results. I worked in a lab for 35 years running million dollar spectrometers that had to be calibrated every 3 hours using a known "standard" that determines how much the machine has drifted from the required specs. I cant see how these could possibly give accurate results without calibration samples...

My first thought when I looked at these (the one in the link anyway) is, this like the PH drop test kit of THC testing.

What I was thinking of using this test kit for is testing for CDB. I'd like to get a high CBD strain and I figure the only way I'll probably get one is to find it from seed. I thought this could maybe at least tell me if there is some CBD content in the plant and I could do further work/testing from there.

My first thought when I looked at these (the one in the link anyway) is, this like the PH drop test kit of THC testing.

What I was thinking of using this test kit for is testing for CDB. I'd like to get a high CBD strain and I figure the only way I'll probably get one is to find it from seed. I thought this could maybe at least tell me if there is some CBD content in the plant and I could do further work/testing from there.

It certainly might give you a "number" but how true is the result. It would be interesting to see. I know a few people swear by this test kit but I never have seen it.
mydx.jpg

Back