Biochar fans, just ran across this product

im using the Bu's blend biodynamic compost in living soil beds and so far im ok with it. i have one run through flower with it and the resin was not as noticeable but this is my first time in soil in 13 yrs or more and for the first month i ran my ph a bit high so im hoping the soil gets better as i go along.

i grow using cover crops and for the first several runs i may top dress bokashi and worm castings.

i didnt add any bio char in the mix and i wish i had but ill start adding it before i replant in the beds.

peace

Unless
im using the Bu's blend biodynamic compost in living soil beds and so far im ok with it. i have one run through flower with it and the resin was not as noticeable but this is my first time in soil in 13 yrs or more and for the first month i ran my ph a bit high so im hoping the soil gets better as i go along.

i grow using cover crops and for the first several runs i may top dress bokashi and worm castings.

i didnt add any bio char in the mix and i wish i had but ill start adding it before i replant in the beds.

peace
Unless you are using RO water, you may want to get some stronger acification for that soil. Most builasoil recipes have a ton of buffer in them, and tap water will only cause the pH to rise more and more. Bacterial acification will be mostly too slow to counteract it. A little sprinkle of elemental sulfur, and watering in with some organic acids once in a while will help balance things really well. Citric acid or vinegar work. So do KNF type acid ferments, i.e. @WeedShouldTasteGood

Unless

Unless you are using RO water, you may want to get some stronger acification for that soil. Most builasoil recipes have a ton of buffer in them, and tap water will only cause the pH to rise more and more. Bacterial acification will be mostly too slow to counteract it. A little sprinkle of elemental sulfur, and watering in with some organic acids once in a while will help balance things really well. Citric acid or vinegar work. So do KNF type acid ferments, i.e. @WeedShouldTasteGood

great info and i was moving toward a KNF style but trying to do this type of grow indoors in Fla attracted too many bugs during winter and they were not beneficial. there were many types of roaches, beetles and palmetto bugs that liked to roam when the lights were off and i couldnt stand it so i went back to promix.

id like to try a KNF style of grow in a few years but it will not be in my home.

peace

Back