Auto PH Controllers

Now are you talking about the Blue Lab combo meter, or an actual PH monitor/doser? I'm looking to automate my PH control. I'm looking for information about different brands, and experiences to figure out what's the most cost effective option for me. I'm sure the Blue Lab PH doser is probably top of the line, but they are quite expensive. Actually, I would need four of them. So I'm wondering if any of the cheaper, say Milwaukee PH dosers would be a reasonable alternative. Or if there's one on the market that's cheaper, and just as effective, and reliable.

i was using the american marine pinpoint controller when i was running hydro org...it was the cheapest controller i found at the time and has 2 point calibration and such, not so bad quality but u gotta check the probes sorta often as they are a bit cheap...bit over 200$ not including dosing pumps which i sourced about 75$ each....simple 110 outlet relays too gotta love

it is a bit of a trick tho....u gotta watch your system close and dilute your up and down mixes to just the right level so it doesnt trip the opposite relay or fry roots. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the tips folks. I'll check into the American Marine Pinpoint controllers. I like the idea of having set parameters so you still get some ph drift, then being able to dose back to the target ph. Looks like a couple grand commitment for 4 anyway.

the pinpoints u can set either way, there is both a high and low setpoint...look around too, u can find them sale for 175$ is lowest ive seen but regarding drift, if you dont leave at least a small gap the relays will likey just trip back and forth all day

I am lucky with my water here. In the early days I chased my pH around, but after a while I realized that it my water was fine. The pH will move around naturally some, but I discovered that I'm better off just ignoring it than trying to adjust it.

I'm not saying everybody should ignore their pH, but it would be smart to just monitor your pH for a crop with out making any adjustments to see how it works. Even if the "numbers" look bad, watch the plants (and roots) and see how they look. That's what really matters.

AloHigh, I don't know man, I could never ignore my girl's PH. Whats so hard about adjusting PH? I just stick my combo PH meter right in my hydro, 10 gal tub, and adjust my tub with ph up or down solution to get to 6.0. Quite easy after you've done it a couple years. 13 years for me.
Easy, but if you need help, PM me. You need to keep you PH in line so your girls can easily absorb their needed nutes. If PH is wrong, their absorption will be hindered.
peace, Pots

What I meant is that I realized my pH is fine, and I don't need to even check it anymore.

If my plants ever looked sick I'd check the pH. The reservoir & tables hold about 150 gallons (for a 4x8' canopy), so I only need to fill them once & top off with water a time or two till harvest. I'm sure that's a big part of my pH being so stable.

well when you add organics to the mix your res pH is gonna move.. and I think more than a regular drifting within a dead-band, a gradual climb from ~5.5 to ~6.5 over flowering is the most beneficial..

Back