Ants

Evil Monkey

Does anyone ever have issues with ants? I'm in organic soil with roots organic nutes in different pot sizes from 15 gal to 3 gal. It's strange to watch them just go to certain plants and others never mess with. They will pile in with what seems like thousands to make a new home. I use to think they were attracted to the molasses in the past, but i haven't used it in last couple runs. Is granules safe to put in my pots when they become infested with ants? Are they any preventives that can be used?

Does anyone ever have issues with ants? I'm in organic soil with roots organic nutes in different pot sizes from 15 gal to 3 gal. It's strange to watch them just go to certain plants and others never mess with. They will pile in with what seems like thousands to make a new home. I use to think they were attracted to the molasses in the past, but i haven't used it in last couple runs. Is granules safe to put in my pots when they become infested with ants? Are they any preventives that can be used?
Are there any other pests present? I have only seen ants 'milk' aphids before and only amplify the issue, otherwise they shouldn't have a reason to be on there! They probably would go after molasses or other sugars too.

If you eliminate their food they should leave on their own. If you want to scorched earth, any borax based solution will decimate them into retreat. Don't use around any other animals or pets however.

Haven’t seen any other pests around, flying or on the plants. And it’s only in flower room never in veg. That way I was leaning on something sugar based. But I’ve cut that out last couple turns. Thanks for reply

Haven’t seen any other pests around, flying or on the plants. And it’s only in flower room never in veg. That way I was leaning on something sugar based. But I’ve cut that out last couple turns. Thanks for reply
What kind of ants? I guess I only know those around me, certainly could be ants that like the plant material too which isn't unheard of if you see leaves missing

They are hard to see if at all. But definitely not on any other pots in my room. A few dead worms on top of soil. I put granular stuff around and inside of pot, maybe it will kill them. Probably not a good idea to re run the soil is my thoughts.

Attachments

• IMG_3570.jpeg
    IMG_3570.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 6
Back