56 Headband

CanadaDank

This is my first post so I thought I’d make it a good one!

I’ve posted this review before but I wanted to post it here too (with a few tweaks) because I think people would appreciate it. This is not like any other Headband floating around Canada. This one is essentially a very uplifting pure OG Kush cutting with a tumultuous past hence her history is somewhat shrouded. I’ve heard it called 56 day OG, 56 Headband, No-Name-OG and even “the murder cut” but it’s been referred to as Headband for many years. This one was very well grown by the homie Poncho Farms. He received this cut from a very well connected genetic collector in northern California.

As this is my third time trying this cutting, I feel I have some authority in saying it’s absolutely something special. I’ve had it taken at 56 days, 65 days and 72 days, the earliest being the strongest in the head. The flowers may have been smaller this round (my heaviest bud was about 2 grams) but her size was reconciled with other high qualities. The buds were dense but not rock hard, and shaped like classic OG with a sticky, kinetic sand texture when broken down.

When I say this weed smells good, I’m not really doing it justice. The nose is earthy, sweet and almost candied at times. Think rotten lemons as well as lemon pledge, with a tail end of OG gas. As it cured out, it developed all sorts of lovely little sub-smells such as ginger ale, mint, skunky hops and peaches. I found the taste similar to the smell - mouth coating earthy lemon funk with OG gas at the end. This is extremely delicious and clean burning cannabis. I included an ash shot if you’re into that kind of thing.

When I say this flower is potent, I don’t say that lightly. It hits with massive expansion and a hard hit to the solar plexus. I felt this one in my ears, jaw, arms and legs within a few minutes. It can definitely induce anxiety and heart palpitations during the “coming up phase” but as the experience transitions into the “plateau phase”, there is a very noticeable shift in the buzz. While confusing, intense and disorienting at first, the feeling morphs into something more euphoric and relaxing over the course of 20-30 minutes. As time passes, she gets more and more narcotic all the while seeming to last forever. When I started smoking this one, I was getting high for 3-4 hours easy. After a bit of tolerance build up (strong emphasis on A BIT), the buzz lasts closer to 2.5/3 hours.

I feel it deeper in the body this round vs a more punchy head high when taken earlier. One effect I love is my mouth feels like it’s being stretched into a perma-smile. The buzz is extremely good as a depression killer and an appetite stimulator. I also personally find it good for sleep but I know it keeps some people awake. The high can be thought provoking, especially if overdone. It would be great for treating muscle spasms, pain, nausea, MS and other majorly disruptive disorders. For these reasons, this lady should be thought of as more of a potent daytime hybrid than a night time knockout. The high from 56 HB is often likened to that of Underdog OG aka LHB or Fire OG but arguably even stronger.

This batch of Headband comes with a warning, just like all batches before her. I have been seriously reviewing cannabis for the past 15 years and this is the most potent cutting I’ve come across. If you have a low tolerance, be very careful. I heard about a friend of the grower greening out just from smoking a bit of the shake. As far as pure OG Kush cuttings go, this one is more on the sativa end of the spectrum. It’s not the best for getting knocked out but for getting high as all get-out, you needn’t look further.

I’ve chatted with a number of well respected growers and breeders about this cutting and we all agree it’s the most potent Kush cutting we’ve ever experienced. It’s a very rare cut but if you get the chance to experience her, do not pass it up! It’s undoubtedly my personal favourite smoke and desert island varietal.

Attachments

• IMG_1222.jpeg
    IMG_1222.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1530.jpeg
    IMG_1530.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1664.jpeg
    IMG_1664.jpeg
    888.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1282.jpeg
    IMG_1282.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
When I say this flower is potent, I don’t say that lightly.
I had one tall later plant from early ogers kush seeds I would crawl to have cloned..

nothing was like it..it was rocket weed..none off the bother peasants from the seed lot were near as good

I have tried several times and got similar looking plants but they did not have the deal

all I care about is a great strong uplifting high without couchlock

rare clones can be the only way

[ancient]Canadian here too

Hey so do you have the cut or a buddy? That cut was a no name og way back when a couple dudes maybe a few were hoarding said cut. There was some violence over the cut which is why Duke diamond name d it the murder cut but even 56 day cut wasn’t its name. One of the guys took off with the cut and fled up to the Bay Area where he actually gave a tray of them to a buddy on accident. Im
About to get the cut I hope from a cool ass cat who’s had it since 06.

I’ve been wondering for a while now if this is the same headband cut that we have out here. The Headband that we see out here has been here for over a decade (maybe close to 2 now; forgot what year Brawski told me he acquired it). But I can confirm that it's been circulating in the medical seen here since 2008.

It came here as “Headband” but it isn't the Diesel Headband or the 707 Headband. Some of us dubbed it “brawband headband” named after the Oregon Green Free: Garden Geek (moderator in the OGF forum’s help me threads) who originally brought it here during the medical days.

As mentioned the headband cut in our state had some drama over it too. So I never cared to ask Brawski for it (even though he and I are tight af; growing up in the same small town and skatepark). I’ve only grown it for other friends who also know Brawski irl.

It's one of my all-time favorite strains though.

This is a pic of it that was taken when I was growing it for one of my friend’s rec farms (back in 2016).

Let me know if you think it might be the same OG Type Headband or if this is “just another, another, headband cut” lol.
IMG_0011.jpeg

This is my first post so I thought I’d make it a good one!

I’ve posted this review before but I wanted to post it here too (with a few tweaks) because I think people would appreciate it. This is not like any other Headband floating around Canada. This one is essentially a very uplifting pure OG Kush cutting with a tumultuous past hence her history is somewhat shrouded. I’ve heard it called 56 day OG, 56 Headband, No-Name-OG and even “the murder cut” but it’s been referred to as Headband for many years. This one was very well grown by the homie Poncho Farms. He received this cut from a very well connected genetic collector in northern California.

As this is my third time trying this cutting, I feel I have some authority in saying it’s absolutely something special. I’ve had it taken at 56 days, 65 days and 72 days, the earliest being the strongest in the head. The flowers may have been smaller this round (my heaviest bud was about 2 grams) but her size was reconciled with other high qualities. The buds were dense but not rock hard, and shaped like classic OG with a sticky, kinetic sand texture when broken down.

When I say this weed smells good, I’m not really doing it justice. The nose is earthy, sweet and almost candied at times. Think rotten lemons as well as lemon pledge, with a tail end of OG gas. As it cured out, it developed all sorts of lovely little sub-smells such as ginger ale, mint, skunky hops and peaches. I found the taste similar to the smell - mouth coating earthy lemon funk with OG gas at the end. This is extremely delicious and clean burning cannabis. I included an ash shot if you’re into that kind of thing.

When I say this flower is potent, I don’t say that lightly. It hits with massive expansion and a hard hit to the solar plexus. I felt this one in my ears, jaw, arms and legs within a few minutes. It can definitely induce anxiety and heart palpitations during the “coming up phase” but as the experience transitions into the “plateau phase”, there is a very noticeable shift in the buzz. While confusing, intense and disorienting at first, the feeling morphs into something more euphoric and relaxing over the course of 20-30 minutes. As time passes, she gets more and more narcotic all the while seeming to last forever. When I started smoking this one, I was getting high for 3-4 hours easy. After a bit of tolerance build up (strong emphasis on A BIT), the buzz lasts closer to 2.5/3 hours.

I feel it deeper in the body this round vs a more punchy head high when taken earlier. One effect I love is my mouth feels like it’s being stretched into a perma-smile. The buzz is extremely good as a depression killer and an appetite stimulator. I also personally find it good for sleep but I know it keeps some people awake. The high can be thought provoking, especially if overdone. It would be great for treating muscle spasms, pain, nausea, MS and other majorly disruptive disorders. For these reasons, this lady should be thought of as more of a potent daytime hybrid than a night time knockout. The high from 56 HB is often likened to that of Underdog OG aka LHB or Fire OG but arguably even stronger.

This batch of Headband comes with a warning, just like all batches before her. I have been seriously reviewing cannabis for the past 15 years and this is the most potent cutting I’ve come across. If you have a low tolerance, be very careful. I heard about a friend of the grower greening out just from smoking a bit of the shake. As far as pure OG Kush cuttings go, this one is more on the sativa end of the spectrum. It’s not the best for getting knocked out but for getting high as all get-out, you needn’t look further.

I’ve chatted with a number of well respected growers and breeders about this cutting and we all agree it’s the most potent Kush cutting we’ve ever experienced. It’s a very rare cut but if you get the chance to experience her, do not pass it up! It’s undoubtedly my personal favourite smoke and desert island varietal.
Yea I heard this same story from notsodog. Is there any possibility of aquiring it from you or maybe someone you know? I’ve been trying for years to land the 56day headband cut.

Back