Hello everyone!!!!

ClearBarbedFunk

Invalid Email Users
I know it’s been a bit since leaving ya all hanging on my future plans, sorry for that. Selling the home was a up and down emotional experience, it’s sold, buyer backs out, then again, and finally sold.

So now the good part, we made it to Poulsbo, WA, purchased a 1972 Grand Banks 36 Classic, she’s a woodie, these boats are well known for there build quality and coastal cruising ability. She also fit the budget. And I love her looks, this is the boat that started the trawler cruiser craze.

She has a V- berth forward, two single bunks and a on suite head, hehe, fancy talk, midships is the helm, galley and saloon, aft trunk cabin has double berth, single berth and head with shower.

Up top is the flybridge with helm. Perfect place to steer from on sunny days. We move on today, and will be anchored out in Liberty Bay as we load her up and provision for a season of cruising the BC coastline. Will hang here till spring rains subside and it warms up a bit.

We have some refitting, upgrades, and work to do to get her ship shape, but she’s ready to go as is, just want to pretty her up and install some needed gear for extended on the hook living.

I will definitly keep ya all updated as we cruise the PNW, my son will be running a YouTube channel, so I hope ya all will follow along. Here’s a few pics of Katie Rose on sea trial day, full video tour in a few days.6BAB1D21-030E-4F79-AAB1-D85D1B44C94C.jpegIMG_3634.jpegIMG_3632.jpeg
View attachment IMG_3617.mov
View attachment IMG_3616.movIMG_3609.jpegIMG_3608.jpeg

She needs some attention, nothing I can’t do, owning a boat you want to be able to do most all repairs and such, boat yard will drain the stash pretty quick. Actually look forward to it, fulltime liveaboard, retired, have plenty of time to do what’s needed.

Owners spent over 60k last year getting the boat ready to cruise to Alaska, just about every system on the boat is new, I need to install the new heater and auto pilot they purchased. Other then that its paint, varnish and general upkeep needs done.

Fantastic news all around Cbf! Great to read ya here, and even better to see the dream becoming a reality!

Very happy for you and the mrs. Good luck with all you got going. Stop by once in a while, and be sure to get us your YouTube channel link when it goes up!

Be well smile often
Fh

So nice having you drop in with a update and just hearing from you... glad to see your dreams are coming together for you.. as kushy asked drop us a link to your channel please...you take care and be safe out there my friend ❤️🙂...

Oh and you had me at saloon on board 😊

Hello Kushy, so your a “Old Salt” nice. these GB classics were designed like the old fishing trawlers, built 32, 36, and 42ft models, with lots of different interior configurations. Wood hulls up until 73 when they went to glass hulls. They are coastal cruisers, long weekends and week long trips, not built for crossing oceans. We are going to live fulltime on the hook, stay outta marinas, other then to resupply and fuel. The woodies are known to be quieter at anchor from the water slap, glass are pretty noisy. Smell better and don’t sweat like a glass hull. Definitly more maintenance, but I’m retired now and will have plenty of time to keep her in good shape. Picked her up fairly cheap due to her outside condition, just a bunch of sanding, caulking, and painting. Old girl is 52yrs old, lots of um up in the PNW and Northeast, as the colder water is much better on wood hulls.

Back